SORRY! WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
Anyone can write for Upful! Whether you are a professional in your field, or just a positive and proactive individual, you can use your voice to spread the Upful life.
Click here for some ideas of the kind of content that we think fits that bill.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that the following is included in the subject line of your submission email:
Submission: [your working title]
- Start your article with your name (along with any relevant titles or honourifics) and the title of the article, using the following format:
Author: Dr. Jane Doe, PhD
Title: How to Write for Upful
- Paste your article into the body of the e-mail.
- Word count is maximum 800 words — short, sweet and to the point.
- Please ensure that all submissions are written in UK English.
- Carefully proof-read to ensure that there are minimal spelling and grammatical errors and that all work is consistent throughout.
- A bio is required before publication of your article. If you wish to publish your article anonymously or with a pseudonym, please request.
- Paste your bio below your submission (see bio guidelines below).
- Attach a headshot of yourself to go with your bio, please send all photos as .jpeg or .png attachments labelled with your name.
- For any other photos you may wish to include in your submission, ensure that photos are owned (taken) by you, are non-copyright, or that you have permissions and they are properly credited. Attach these photos with relevant title and credit in a .jpeg or .png format. Please do not embed photos.
A FEW OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Write in a neutral or positive tone. We understand and accept complaints and rants but not without resolves. Humour and irony are always welcome.
- Your story should always provide a service to your reader.
- Send content that is original, relevant and personal to you, the writer.
- Use lists, sub-headings and short paragraphs. When reading online it makes longer posts easier on the eye and less intimidating.
- Have an appeal or relevance to the Trinidadian/Tobagonian or Caribbean market.
- Ensure that any resources are credited and correct. We check facts! Reference links are encouraged.
- No photo, no problem; we will supply high quality images to compliment your submission.
- Don’t send SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our mission and vision.
- Keep it to about 100 words.
- Please use UK English.
- Bio must be written in the third person (e.g. ‘Jane is a writer’ rather than ‘I’m a writer’).
- Ideal bio structure includes your name, a brief listing of your credentials or qualifications, a quirky or interesting fact about you, and a brief mention of your passions, interests or plans.
- Send links to your website and relevant social media profiles.
- Keep it light (it’s not a résumé).
- You must include a photo to be displayed as your avatar.
We reserve the right to make any corrections or edits to your article that we deem necessary. Don’t worry, your revised work will be sent back to you for your feedback and approval before being published. In line with this, we may add certain keywords to your article where appropriate or make minor edits for SEO purposes. This means including keywords such as ‘Upful’ ‘healthy living’ ‘yoga stretches’, etc., to help users to find Upful Journal more easily in search engines, and to direct more traffic to your article.
If you’re not confident about your writing abilities, but you have a passion project or subject you’d really like to talk about, then contact us to find out more about our Upful Q&A Interview option.
Are you a business owner looking to get a lil more mileage from your content marketing? Check out our Sponsored Article and Advertising options.